Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Classical Conversations

Well last week on Friday we started the first day of Classical Conversations Rockford South. I think it is safe to say that it went very well. Margaret and I were extremely nervous about the first day. We wanted so badly to set the tone for a great year. The kids were all excited and we heard numerous stories of kids waking up at 5am eager to go to "school". This has been great for me as a parent also. It's nice to be able to talk to another parent on the same page as me. Especially if I don't understand something! :) Our kids are having a lot of fun doing their memory work and are happily looking forward to Friday. We had a little trouble getting started on some of our other subjects this year. We painted our school room (the basement) and it proved to be a much larger project than expected. It is now finished! We will be organizing and arranging everything and will start our official full first day on Monday. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Robin Hayes said...

Yay Jenna! I'm so happy for you guys! We're still using the living room, because our basement room isn't finished. I've been brainstorming how to put away the books, since the kitchen counter isn't really the place I want to see books, and we don't have a bookshelf in the living room. All in due time...all in due time.