Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Beginnings

IT has been a long time since I posted. Isn't crazy the way life just gets busy and we don't take time to do so many different things. We just got back from 7 days in Maui. Just Jeremy and I, the kids stayed at the grandparents. I should be in a really good mood from being gone but instead I feel really bad. I know that it is because it is STILL so cold and ugly here plus I came down with this awful cold/cough/flu that is going around. I really just feel like going back to Maui and living like a bum on the beach. But of course duty calls- my house is a mess, I need to start school with the kids, I need to go grocery shopping did I mention I have an open house this Sunday. Yes we're selling our house. Oh and by the way in a moment of weakness I volunteered to coach my 3 little ones t-ball team to add to my already tutoring in Classical Conversations(which is soon to be over), Sunday School for the 2&3's and Junior Church. Thank goodness I only rotate for the last two. Plus ballet class, karate classes, piano class and I think that's it. What am I doing to myself ?! And I wonder why I'm feeling a little worn down. And in all this I can easily get swept up and away from the on person that can help me keep it all together-God. Why he is always the last on my list but the first that I need? Please pray for me and I try to snap out of it, put the Lord back at the top and deal with everything else.

2 comments:

Robin Hayes said...

Wow...I was shocked to see this come up in my bloglines feed this morning! Good job for posting, Jenna, in spite of being overwhelmed at the moment. I'll keep you in my prayers! Love ya!

Silsbee said...

Jenna,

Great to see a post on your blog, but don't feel guilty for not being there! I think our society and culture makes us feel guilty if you aren't running around like crazy. One thing that has helped me in my temptation to be involved in everything that comes along is that I exactly can't be involved in everything that comes along. So, I've stopped agreeing (or signing up) to things without praying about it, and the Lord always gives great peace and direction. The other help is asking my husband what he thinks of the idea...he often has a good perspective if there is enough on my plate or room for another good thing. When the peace I have from the Lord and my husband's opinion agree (which, strangely, seems to always be the case), I know I have a winner...even if I have to turn down some fun things. Maybe next year...or the next...on some of those. I'll pray that the Lord gives you strength to do what He wants you to do. Lots of love, Lori